[Live-devel] Regarding the resource destroy in live555

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Apr 3 02:42:49 PDT 2014

>       1.   I found that when I call removeServerMediaSession, only the audio and video OnDemandMediaSubsessions are destroyed.

Note that there is also a member function
	RTSPServer::deleteServerMediaSession()
which closes all current client sessions, then removes the "ServerMediaSession".

>      3.  At the end of media file, there would be no data is produced. But live555 still tried to get frame. So I should call doStopGettingFrames?

If your input source object (a "FramedSource" subclass) reaches the end of its input, it should call "FramedSource::handleClosure()".

>     4.  I don't understand why the real player, quick time, media player don't support live555 media server?

Why don't you ask them?  We're the one who supports the IETF standards.