[Live-devel] Frames are corrupted

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Apr 15 07:56:10 PDT 2014

> But if fFrameSize is greater than fMaxSize then I have to truncate the data.
> I think this is what that is causing the corrupted frames.

Yes, because if a frame has to be truncated, then the truncated data will be lost (i.e., not sent to the client).

> Is there any way to get around this problem.

Yes, there are two possible solutions.

1/ The best solution is to not send such large NAL units.  Reconfigure your encoder to break up 'key frames' into multiple (therefore much smaller) 'slice' NAL units.
2/ Alternatively (though not as good), you can increase the size of the server's output buffer.

Try adding the following line to your application - at the start of "main()":
	OutPacketBuffer::maxSize = 100000;

and recompile.  If that doesn't work, try increasing to 150000, 200000, etc., depending on the size of your frames.

It's important to understand, though, that this is a bad solution.  See:
	http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2013-April/016805.html
1/ is a *much* better solution - i.e., decrease the size of the NAL units that you're streaming.