[Live-devel] Frames are corrupted

Vikram Singh vikram at vizexperts.com
Fri Apr 18 08:59:09 PDT 2014

Hi Ross,

-        I am still not able to resolve the issue.

-        I would like to elaborate my issue. Basically I want to stream
frames I grab from a opengl windows and I get these frames in encoded h264
format

-        The following is my code for the thread that starts RTSP streaming.

int RTSPStreamer::Main()

{

    TaskScheduler* taskSchedular = BasicTaskScheduler::createNew();

    BasicUsageEnvironment* usageEnvironment =
BasicUsageEnvironment::createNew(*taskSchedular);

    RTSPServer* rtspServer = RTSPServer::createNew(*usageEnvironment, 8554,
NULL);

    if(rtspServer == NULL)

    {

        *usageEnvironment << "Failed to create rtsp server ::" <<
usageEnvironment->getResultMsg() <<"\n";

        exit(1);

    }

    std::string streamName = "usb1.mkv";

    ServerMediaSession* sms =
ServerMediaSession::createNew(*usageEnvironment, streamName.c_str(),
streamName.c_str(), "Live H264 Stream");

    H264LiveServerMediaSession *liveSubSession =
H264LiveServerMediaSession::createNew(*usageEnvironment, true,
rtspStreamQueue);

    sms->addSubsession(liveSubSession);

    rtspServer->addServerMediaSession(sms);

    char* url = rtspServer->rtspURL(sms);

    *usageEnvironment << "Play the stream using url "<<url << "\n";

    delete[] url;

    taskSchedular->doEventLoop();

  return 0;

}

-        I have written a custom class H264LiveServerMediaSession which get
frames from rtspStreamQueue.

-        In H264LiveServerMediaSession  the function createNewStreamSource()
creates an instance of LiveSourceWithx264 which is basically responsible for
getting the frame from rtspStreamQueue.

-        In the function deliverFrame() –> fMaxSize will start at 15000

-        In the next call to deliverFrame() à fMaxSize will be 15000-“size
of frame in previous call”.

-        I think this should now happen and .

-        Can you suggest me what I did wrong. I have attached the files
H264LiveServerMediaSession and LiveSourceWithx264.

-        I am new to live555 and please help me out.

Thanks and Regards,

Vikram Singh.