[Live-devel] Frames are corrupted

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Apr 18 23:07:36 PDT 2014

> -        I think the issue is with fMaxSize in deliverFrame() which starts from 150000 and goes to zero which should not happen.

OK, your problem is that - in your implementation of the "createNewStreamSource()" virtual function - you are feeding a "LiveSourceWithx264" object into a "H264VideoStreamFramer".  This is wrong, because "H264VideoStreamFramer" is used only when parsing a H.264 *byte stream*, not a discrete sequence of NAL units.  Instead, you should be feeding a "LiveSourceWithx264" into a "H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer".

Also, it's important that the H.264 NAL units that you deliver - from the "LiveSourceWithx264" - into the "H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer" *not* begin with a 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x01 'start code'.  I.e., you need to remove these 4 bytes (and adjust "fFrameSize" accordingly) when you do the delivery.