[Live-devel] Loop Streaming File to Live

Sajo John sajo at saranyu.in
Mon Apr 21 22:53:14 PDT 2014

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply. I'm basically trying to do a file to live
implementation that streams the video file continuously to RTP and once
the EOF is reached it should continue streaming from the beginning of
the video. It should be a continuous stream without any breaks/gaps
while looping. I'm okay with using any suitable Video File Format.
Perhaps you could suggest the right format and encoding (H264 etc.) that
would be ideal for this case. So once I receive the file I will just
convert it first to this ideal format and then use it in the
implementation. Also, do you know about any sample code available that
implements this?

Thanks and Regards,
Sajo

On Tuesday 22 April 2014 10:41 AM, Ross Finlayson wrote:
>> I'm trying to figure out a method to loop stream a file continuously
>> as a Live Stream over RTMP/RTSP.
>
> We don't have anything to do with RTMP (that's a proprietary
> protocol).  Perhaps you meant RTP
>
> But anyway, 'loop streaming' a file is not something that we support
> directly.  You would need to write your own data source class (a
> subclass of "FramedSource") that did this.  Note, however, that you
> didn't say what kind of file you want to stream.  You couldn't do this
> for a Transport Stream file, for example, because it contains its own
> timestamp (PCR) information, which would be incorrect when you read
> the file a second (etc.) time - unless you explicitly changed the PCR
> timestamps each time.
>

> Ross Finlayson
> Live Networks, Inc.
> http://www.live555.com/

Thanks and Regards,
Sajo John
Software Developer
Saranyu Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
http://www.saranyu.in/

Disclaimer: This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.