[Live-devel] Regarding trick mode files

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Apr 22 18:00:41 PDT 2014

> Thanks for your input and sorry for the late reply. Infact the problem was related to the client STB’s.

If that's the case, then we can't help you.  Only the manufacturer of the STB can do help you with problems with their product (unless they want to contact me directly about this, in which case I'd be happy to work with them).

However, as I suggested in my previous message, I suggest that you first use the "testMPEG2TransportStreamTrickPlay" utility to generate Transport Stream files that represent the effect of the server performing a fast-forward or reverse-play operation.  You can then try playing these files using a media player (like VLC), or stream them to the STB (without any 'trick play'), to see if they're OK.

Note, however, that the Transport Stream indexing (and thus 'trick play') operation might not work on an encrypted Transport Stream file (depending on how what parts of the MPEG data are encrypted).  But again, that's something that you can test using "testMPEG2TransportStreamTrickPlay".