[Live-devel] streaming H.265

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Apr 24 01:37:28 PDT 2014

> We would like to streaming the .265 (surfing.265), using the live555 and VLC.
>
> We compile the latest source of live555, but the streaming failed
>
> However, it work fine using .264 sample, or VLC can play the file directly, i.e. surfing.265
>
> Any idea?

Yes, to play H.265 RTP streams, VLC needs to be upgraded (recompiled) to use a recent version of the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code.  (VLC uses our code when accessing RTSP/RTP streams.)

Unfortunately the prebuilt binary versions of VLC - available from videolan.org - still use an old version of our code, so you'll need to build your own version of VLC - with a recent version of the LIVE555 libraries - in order for it to be able to play H.265 video RTSP/RTP streams.