[Live-devel] implementation of digest authentication in RTSPClient.cpp / DigestAuthentication.cpp

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Apr 26 07:19:58 PDT 2014

> Let me know if such a modification would be acceptable.

No - because our code already complies with the standard, but your IP camera does not.

You need to contact the manufacturer of your IP camera, telling them to fix their cameras (e.g., via a firmware upgrade) to comply with the standard - and therefore be compatible with the large installed base (a much larger installed base than theirs!) of LIVE555-based receivers.

(If the manufacturer of your camera wishes to discuss this with me, then I'd be glad to hear from them - directly.)