[Live-devel] TS muxer with H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer ?

PROMONET Michel michel.promonet at thalesgroup.com
Mon Aug 4 01:08:28 PDT 2014

            Hi Ross,

I am trying to see what could be done with the Transport Stream Muxer provided by live555.
Starting from the sample testH264VideoToTransportStream.cpp, it seems simple, adding a H264VideoStreamFramer in a MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource and connect the MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource to a Sink. Well.

But our custom FramedSource provide data NAL unit per NAL unit, then :

-       the implementation of H264VideoStreamFramer using its internal buffer of BANK_SIZE overflow.

-       the implementation of H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer works but H264 start code will not added to the muxed transport stream.

So I don't see many solution either I override the H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer in order to add H264 start code or I need to make our custom FramedSource to split frame.
Do you think what I trying to do has a meaning ?

Thank for your help.

            Michel.

[@@ THALES GROUP INTERNAL @@]