[Live-devel] Lots of Packets Lost When Receiving With VLC

Xuan lkxkfl at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 11 07:07:21 PDT 2014

Hi,

  I have implemented class H264LiveSource so that I can stream real time
h.264 video frames. My program captures images with the webcam of my
notebook and encodes them. If size is 640x480, vlc player can displayer
well. However, if the size is larger,eg.1280x720, vlc player can't display
well, and it seems lots of packets are lost.

  Why are so many packets lost? IS it because the speed of sending packets
is to fast?

  How to deal with it?

  Thanks.