[Live-devel] Discontinuous rtp stream using testOnDemandRtspServer with h264 mkv input files

Barbara Pacella aerith00 at yahoo.it
Wed Dec 17 09:19:45 PST 2014

Hi live555 staff.
I'm trying to stream some .mkv files using testOnDemandRtspServer. Files are captured from an Axis IP Camera, transcoded using x264 and libavcodec API and muxed in mkv format using libavformat API, and contain a single video track. When i play the files locally using vlc or ffplay the files play well, but if I try to stream them using testonDemandRtspServer, the rtp stream is often discontinuous and both ffplay and vlc disconnect. I'm using the 20-11-2014 live555 tarball, built and run on Linux CentOS 5 32bit.
 I tried to stream the same files using the rtsp server provided by ffserver tool, and the output stream play well. You can download a sample .mkv file on https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35983566/test.mkv (is it ok to use links on this mailing list? I checked the FAQ and didn't find anything, I'm sorry if it isn't ok )
Please let me know if there is any incompatibility between the live555 server and the way the file is encoded/muxed (I could change x264 encoding parameters) or if this is a bug in the live555 lib.

Kind Regards,Barbara