[Live-devel] Discontinuous rtp stream using testOnDemandRtspServer with h264 mkv input files

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Dec 17 17:26:26 PST 2014

> Please let me know if there is any incompatibility between the live555 server and the way the file is encoded/muxed

The problem with this file is that although frames appear in the file 40ms apart (i.e., indicating a frame rate of 25 frames-per-second), the SPS NAL unit (which appears in the file’s header) uses a time_scale of 300, which indicates 150 frames-per-second.

(From what I can tell, our server is actually streaming the file properly - at 25 frames-per-second; however, it’s VLC that’s getting confused by the inconsistent time-scale that’s in the SPS NAL unit, so it thinks that the frame rate should be 150 frames-per-second.)

So, there is a problem (inconsistency) in the way in which you encoded and/or recorded the frame rate, which you need to fix.