[Live-devel] Ignoring an unwanted track

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Dec 23 08:03:31 PST 2014

> We have some situations where we're not interested in a particular track.
> Currently we create and assign a "null sink" that does nothing in afterGettingFrame() except call continuePlaying().
>
> Is there a safe way to drop this track and not try and set it up and receive it in the first place?

I assume (from the context of your email) that you’re talking about a RTSP client.

The best way to ignore a particular track (“MediaSubsession”) is to:
1/ not call “MediaSubsession::initiate()” on it, and then
2/ not send “RTSPClient::sendSetupCommand()” on it.

Note that you can call "subsession->readSource()->MIMEtype()” to get the media type of each track (e.g., “video/H264”), if you wan to check that.