[Live-devel] H264 Live Input Issue

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Dec 23 17:17:41 PST 2014

Shubham,

At a first (quick) glance, I don’t see anything obviously wrong here (apart from your use of an unprofessional email address, which is strongly discouraged on this mailing list).  I notice that the first NALs that you deliver are SPS and PPS NAL units - which is important (and answers Marcin’s question).

Because you’re streaming from a live source, make sure that the “reuseFirstSource” parameter is True.  Also, you should make sure that one (and only one) NAL unit (without start code) is delivered by your “GridSource” class in response to each “doGetNextFrame()” call.  (Your code might already be doing this OK; I didn’t look at it in detail.)

In any case, I suggest that you first use our “openRTSP” command-line RTSP client application (rather than VLC, which is not our software) to test your server.  If everything is working correctly, “openRTSP” will give you a non-empty output file, which you can then rename to have a “.h264” filename suffix.  If the file is correct, then VLC should be able to play it (as a file).  Then, and only then, should you try using VLC as a RTSP client.