[Live-devel] About RTSP Digest Authentication

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Feb 18 02:40:20 PST 2014

Charles,

Thanks for the note.  The issue that you raised was actually brought up almost 2 years ago - in March 2012 - and answered back then.  See:

	http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2012-March/014839.html

In summary: Vivotek should update their cameras to remove the
	qop="auth",
string from their "WWW-Authenticate:" headers in RTSP.

ps. When testing our RTSP/RTP client implementation against a server, it is best to *first* use our "openRTSP" application (see <http://www.live555.com/openRTSP/>) - rather than VLC - for testing.  (Although VLC uses our RTSP/RTP client implementation, it is not our software, and does not show you the RTSP protocol exchange as well as "openRTSP" (or "testRTSPClient").  Only after you've tested your server with "openRTSP" shold you then try using VLC.)