[Live-devel] Support for VP8 packetization

Morten S. Laursen morten at softwarehuset.dk
Wed Feb 19 02:51:13 PST 2014

Ross,
Yes I was referring to the packing of VP8 payloads as done in the
referenced draft. If that is already implemented and used automatically the
problem must lie elsewhere as I am using the VP8VideoRTPSink class as you
are referring to.
As I understand the payload packing it should split the frames on image
block boundaries and therefore a failed packet should only result in that
block failing. However the behavior I'm seeing is that in the case of a
failed packet the rest of the frame is corrupt. Therefore I assumed that
the whole frame was packaged as one, instead of the sub-blocks in
individual packets?
Kind regards
Morten S. Laursen