[Live-devel] Error decoding stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Feb 22 22:43:56 PST 2014

> I was wondering if the stream received with the "testmp3receiver" had any ID3 tag in it, or was it only pure mp3 frames.

"testMP3Receiver" delivers data under the assumption that the incoming stream was RTP-encoded MPEG-1 or 2 audio data (i.e., including MP3) that was packetized according to RFC 2250.  If the server (i.e., transmitting application) was "testMP3Streamer", then this data should be MPEG audio only (no ID3 tag or anything else).  If, however, the server (i.e., transmitting application) was something else, then who knows...