[Live-devel] live-devel Digest, Vol 124, Issue 18

Martínez Contador, Daniel [ELIMCO] (CA) ELIMCO.dmartinez at navantia.es
Thu Feb 27 02:29:04 PST 2014

> Remember, You Have Complete Source Code.  Rather than making "an educated guess", you should be able to figure out exactly what's going on.
Oh, thank you, but you overstimate my ability to undertand other people's code and design decisions.

> The "RTSPClientConnection" object gets deleted if the call to "readSocket()" in RTSPServer::RTSPClientConnection::incomingRequestHandler1()" (line 786 of "RTSPServer.cpp) returns a value < 0 - which should happen when the remote (i.e., client) end of the TCP connection gets closed - i.e., when the RTSP client closes the TCP connection after sending the "TEARDOWN".
Well, that's not happening for me. readSocket is always returning 0. Going one level deeper, I see recvfrom in readSocket does return -1 and err 113 after the client TEARs, but the "HACK to work around bugs in Linux and Windows" makes it a zero again. Ifdef'ing the whole hack for Cygwin seems to work "with no (evident (to me)) adverse effects", making the return value -1 too, not that I'm implying that any is the best (even just a good) solution. I don't know what those bugs were, if they are in Cygwin, even if they are still present in Linux, and forgive me for wanting to avoid delving deeper in OS code. Would any of those proposals be "safe" in case Cygwin doesn't assume responsibility or take too long?

Daniel Martinez Contador
ELIMCO- Soluciones Integrales S.A.
Navantia - Sistemas de Control
Ctra. Algameca, s/n
30205 Cartagena (Murcia)
Tlfo: 968 323 387
Email: elimco.dmartinez at navantia.es
www.elimco.com

Sorry for the disclaimer below, that's my corporate server's doing.

NAVANTIA
Este mensaje, y cualquier fichero anexo al mismo, contiene informacion de caracter confidencial dirigida exclusivamente a su(s) destinatario(s) y, en su caso, sometida a secreto profesional. Queda prohibida su difusion, copia o distribucion a terceros sin la previa autorizacion escrita. Si Vd. ha recibido este mensaje por error, se ruega lo comunique inmediatamente por esta misma via y proceda a su completa eliminacion.
The information in this e-mail, and in any attachments, is confidential and, if any, protected by a professional privilege, and intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). You are hereby notified that any dissemination, copy or distribution of this information is prohibited without the prior written consent. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete it.