[Live-devel] testRTSPClient - can't find a port not in use

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Feb 27 16:00:52 PST 2014

> I noticed that the code that calls setupDatagramSocket is trying to find sequential port numbers (even for RTP, following odd for RTSP).  The trouble seems to be with the RTSP ports.

You mean "RTCP" here, not "RTSP".

But yes, it's important (for now, at least) that these port numbers be sequential (with the even port number being used for RTP, and the next (i.e., odd) port number being used for RTCP).  So don't even think of modifying this code!

I don't know why this is not working for you; nobody else has had problems using this code to find a pair of port numbers.  So there must be something strange about your system.  I suggest that you try on a more conventional Linux system (e.g., running on a desktop PC or server) first, before trying it on your board.  And I suggest making sure that it's working for Linux first, before you try QNX.

Apart from that I don't really have any suggestions.  Sorry.