[Live-devel] derived RTSPServer class - get RTSPClientSession by SessionId

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jan 2 02:30:35 PST 2014

> I did not want to mention this, but exchange "SpecialProtocol" with SAT>IP and you have your answer. There are many clients for this protocol so I have to make a Server that speeks their language.

Please tell the developer(s) of these clients to contact me directly about this, so I can fully understand - from them - the apparent non-standard (or at least unorthodox) way in which they're using the RTSP protocol.  In any case, because this would apparently involve changes or extensions to the LIVE555 software, this is beyond the scope of this mailing list - i.e., simple help that I provide 'for free'.

> I have to do this that way because of GLGPL.

It's "LGPL", not "GLGPL".  FYI.

> The code I write unfortunatly has to be closed-source by now. So I have to derive classes.
> It would be an easy way if I just copy most of the code of the handle-Functions, but I don't think that this would be reconcilable with the license.

That's correct - it wouldn't be.

> I will have a second look on SET/GET Parameter commands. But I know the clients don't use it.

Again, please tell the developers of these clients to get in touch with me, so I can discuss their needs with them.