[Live-devel] Compiling livemedia for Axis Cris

Kari Kallioinen kari.kallioinen at sasken.com
Wed Jan 8 01:37:12 PST 2014

From: live-devel-bounces at ns.live555.com [live-devel-bounces at ns.live555.com] on behalf of Warren Young [warren at etr-usa.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 20:16
To: LIVE555 Streaming Media - development & use
Subject: Re: [Live-devel] Compiling livemedia for Axis Cris

> With cross-compilation involved, you must have at least two toolchains
> installed.  You might even have three, what with the configure file
> diffs you show.  Your build tree may contain build outputs from multiple
> incompatible toolchains.
>
> Have you tried "make clean && make"?

This was first toolchain I tried. I have been doing make clean between every try.

> If that doesn't help, how about a clean unpack of the tarball, followed
> by a reconfigure with your custom config.cris-axis-linux-gnu fle?
>
> If that also doesn't help, I'd carefully check the make(1) output to
> ensure that the right tools are being called at *every* step.

I downloaded live555-latest.tar.gz and modified config.cris-axis-linux-gnu file with that diff. I tried with fresh sources and  I read trough the output but didn't recognise that anything would be wrong.

Output is attached make.gz

I also tried to find how the libliveMedia.a is broken:

$ crisv32-axis-linux-gnu-ld libliveMedia.a
libliveMedia.a: could not read symbols: Bad value

$ crisv32-axis-linux-gnu-nm libliveMedia.a
(output attached nm.gz)

Any ideas or haven't I noticed something?

 Kari