[Live-devel] openRtsp problems!!

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jan 8 06:39:43 PST 2014

I can't explain the "Bad file descriptor" error; I've never seen that happen before.  Something is wrong either with the operating system on that computer, or the way in which you built the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code for that operating system.  (If it's Windows, then perhaps you used the wrong version of the 'winsock' headers and/or library??)

The "Unsupported transport" error with the second stream - rtsp://37.43.41.142:554/live/ch00_0 - is a different problem; it's a problem with the server (i.e., camera).  The server is telling the client ("openRTSP") that it doesn't support regular RTP-over-UDP streaming.  Instead, you'll need to request RTP-over-TCP streaming, by running "openRTSP" with the "-t" option.