[Live-devel] streaming h264 dynamic payload from rtp source

Garrison, David dgarri02 at harris.com
Mon Jan 20 17:21:00 PST 2014

Hello -

I've been looking at the examples and have tried to accomplish setting up an RTSP server that can stream RTP H264 dynamic payload from a live RTP source carrying MPEG2 Transport with H264 PES payload and keep running into problems.  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

My latest attempt includes the following:

1.       Instantiate an RTSPServer using my own ProxyServer derived from ServerMediaSession.

2.       The ProxyServer owns a SimpleRTPSource which it passes into my own Subsession that extends OnDemandServerMediaaSubsession

3.       Subsession overrides createNewStreamSource and does the following:

a.       Creates MPEG1or2Demux using the SimpleRTPSource as its FrameSource input

b.      Creates an MPEG2IFrameIndexFromTransportStream using the demuxed newVideoStream() as its FrameSource input

c.       Return a new H264VideoStreamFramer using object from prior step as its frame source

4.       Subsession overrides createNewRTPSinnk and returns a new H264VideoRTPSink

After the client sets up and requests the play, nothing happens and it tries again over and over.  I at least know the sockets are setup correctly for the SimpleRTPSource.

Dave Garrison