[Live-devel] Streaming from a Mac

Gordon Apple ga at ed4u.com
Fri Jan 24 17:58:35 PST 2014

Newbie here.  Are there any examples available for setting up live555 to
stream from frame buffers (h.264) produced by AVCaptureVideoDataOutput?  We
have screen capture capability and can currently produce a file using
AVCaptureVideoFileOutput, but we also want live low-latency streaming. We
want to multicast to remote students and eventually add streaming back from
students (laptop, iPad, whatever).

Initially we would be happy with a demo streaming from one Mac to another on
a local network (maybe receiving with VLC).  If we can get that working,
then we will progress to the next stage, maybe a proxy server, then the
other capabilities.