[Live-devel] Memoryleak only when connecting memory tool

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jan 28 13:35:06 PST 2014

>    If I let the app run for over a day a slow growth of memory usage occurs. This is what I am trying to solve. When I connect the Memory Tool, there are no BufferPackets at all. After a few hours, there are a few hundred or a few thousand based on how many streams are connected.  We quickly get into over a gigabyte memory usage on a 32 bit process and it gets worse from there.

If this is happening, it must be because the incoming data is being consumed at a slower rate than the rate at which it is arriving.  I.e., your 'Memory Tool' is causing your system to slow down so much that it can't keep up with processing the incoming streams.  To avoid this, you'll need to reduce the number and/or bitrate of your incoming streams.

> The version of live555 is not current

We support only the current release of the code!