[Live-devel] decoupling MediaSubSession from RTP stack

David Cassany Viladomat david.cassany at i2cat.net
Thu Jan 30 07:15:38 PST 2014

Hi all,

First of all I would like to program an RTSPClient that only handles RTSP
session, just the sesion negotiation and session keep alive. In our
application we are already capable to manage incomping RTP flows, we just
need an RTSP manager to interact with our RTP manager. On server side we
already successfully achieved it implementing our ServerMediaSubsession
class. We would like to achieve the same on the client side.

We have been having a look on the testRTSPClient.cpp code and as far as I
understood the sdp parsing is done in MediaSubsession class which at the
same time depends on RTPSource. Does anyone have an idea if could be
possible to such MediaSubsession features without having to link our
application to Live555 RTP stack? (livemedia rtp stack and our rtp stack
have some incompatibilities, many common enum types defined)

I am not sure could explain myself.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Kind regards,
David