[Live-devel] FFW and REW play of encrypted files

Nambirajan nambirajan.manickam at i-velozity.com
Thu Jun 12 04:52:07 PDT 2014

Hi Ross,

We are using the Live555 Media Server for streaming the content to the Set
Top Box.

Encrypted a video content with a third party DRM and generated the .tsx file
from the encrypted file. Then  we created

Multiple speed files ( x4, x8 files ) using
testMPEG2TransportStreamTrickPlay utility from the encrypted file also the
.tsx file from the

Same encrypted file.

We have a peculiar problem.

1.      When we stream the encrypted file and receive in the STB ( The STB
has the DRM client ), it is playing fine

2.      When we tried to do FFW or REW the same content, the STB was not
playing, we are getting a frozen picture

3.      When we try to stream the x4 or x8 speed file in the normal play
mode for testing also, the STB is not playing

We checked the encrypted file in a TS Analyzer Software =>  the TS Header,
PAT and PMT packets are in clear form.

Can you please give us suggestion. It will be very helpful.

Thanks and regards,

M. Nambirajan