proxy server timing issues

John Q john_q61 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 23 09:48:00 PDT 2014

I am streaming a video only back end live rtsp stream (H264 + RTP) to the proxy server.

When I kill all clients that are connected to my live555 proxy server and restart them I notice that the clients (VLC for eg.) start at a video position where the displayed video is 1 minute or older. The longer I wait the more severe this problem gets. When I leave one client always connected and kill other clients and restart them there are no issues.

How can I fix this? I mean when I restart all my clients any number of times I want the video displayed to be not more than 2-3 seconds old.

Regards
John