[Live-devel] OpenRTSP test sample stops after 2 minutes

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jun 25 15:24:55 PDT 2014

The diagnostic output from "openRTSP" shows that you are using a (very) old version of the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" software.  We support only the latest version of the code.  Please upgrade to the latest version; see
	http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#latest-version

Also, I see that the server (i.e., your IP camera) is also using the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" software - once again, a very old version.  This software is licensed under the GNU LGPL.  Consequently, your IP camera's manufacturer must, upon request, upgrade it to use the latest version of the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" software, or else provide a way for you to perform the upgrade yourself.

Therefore, please contact your IP camera's manufacturer, telling them that - as a consequence of the GNU LGPL - they must upgrade their firmware to use the latest version of the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" software.  For further explanation, you could include a the following URL:
	http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#copyright-and-license

Please try running your test again once you have upgraded both your client *and* your server (i.e., IP camera) to use the latest version of the software.