[Live-devel] live555 sdp issue

xxiao8 xxiao8 at fosiao.com
Fri Jun 27 07:44:32 PDT 2014

Sorry I stated wrong.

After openRTSP received a file(test.h264), mplayer can play it but vlc
can not. mplayer can also play the rtsp stream directly which vlc can
not. When VLC is used to play the stream, I can verify "Demux datasize"
has valid value, and "Content bitrate" is around 500Kb/second, "Codec"
under "Media Information" showed h264 as well, so it seems RTSP is
streaming, just that we can never see the video in VLC window. VLC is
running under Ubuntu 12.04 64bit, again, mplayer can play the same
stream just fine.

What's the difference between .264 and .h264? I noticed for the sample
264 files at live555.com, I had to rename it to .h264 before vlc can
play that file, for mplayer, it does not care about .264 or .h264 as the
file extension.

Thanks,
xxiao