[Live-devel] live555 sdp issue

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jun 27 07:51:23 PDT 2014

> Sorry I stated wrong.
>
> After openRTSP received a file(test.h264), mplayer can play it but vlc can not.

OK, so that means that there is something wrong with your encoded video that is causing VLC to fail to play it - either directly from a file, or from a RTSP stream.  You're going to have to figure out yourself (perhaps with help from a VLC mailing list) why that is.  (VLC is not our software.)

> What's the difference between .264 and .h264? I noticed for the sample 264 files at live555.com, I had to rename it to .h264 before vlc can play that file, for mplayer, it does not care about .264 or .h264 as the file extension.

Our software uses the filename extension ".264".  VLC requires the filename extension ".h264".