[Live-devel] Separating Transport Stream IDs from PES IDs

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jun 27 13:14:03 PDT 2014

No, this is still all wrong.  First, it (once again) works for only one subclass of "MPEG2TransportStreamMultiplexor" (and, in particular, doesn't work for "MPEG2TransportStreamFromPESSource" at all).

But it turns out that there's a more fundamental problem: This won't work if more than one stream is being multiplexed concurrently into a "MPEG2TransportStreamMultiplexor".  "fCurrentPID" can't be a single variable, assigned just once.  It has to be assigned each time that the multiplexor receives a new 'input packet'.  Note that the 'input packets' are PES packets, whose headers contain only 'stream ids', not PIDs.  That's why we just reuse the 'stream id' as the PID.

So I'm not going to be changing the existing code.  You're going to have to live with the generated Transport Stream's PIDs being the same as the 'stream ids', just like everyone else.  (Nobody really needs to change these PIDs anyway.)