[Live-devel] testRTSPClient - can't find a port not in use

Rob Coker rcoker at pythagdev.com
Tue Mar 4 10:32:25 PST 2014

Ross,

Thanks for the help.  I was able to use setClientPortNum() inside
setupNextSubsession() to specify which port for it to use so it didn't
auto-search.  Oddly enough, any even port between 65408 - 65518 seems to
work.  That was just the range I tested, it probably works outside of that
as well.  With that change, things work great!

As a follow-on question, is there a way to use the Live555 library to MUX in
a custom data structure into the audio & video stream that I'm getting via
RTSP?  The application is to save some custom data on top of an A/V stream
from an IP camera into a data file that includes audio, video, and the
custom data.

Thanks again,

Rob