[Live-devel] testRTSPClient - can't find a port not in

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Mar 5 13:16:52 PST 2014

> the real issue is how to MUX in a custom stream to other existing streams
> when saving a file.

This depends upon the type of file that you're saving.  For some file types, it might not be possible.

> As I re-read your response, the server example is something like what we're
> trying to do, but writing to a file.  So, yes, we have our own time-based
> data (let's just pretend it's temp and baro pressure), we want to stream it
> along with the incoming video and audio streams to a file.

OK, now this is something different.  *Now* you're talking about streaming data, not writing data into a file.

For streaming (transmitting) time-based text using RTP, you can use our class "T140TextRTPSink".

For receiving such a RTP stream, you can use our class "SimpleRTPSource".