[Live-devel] AAC RTP Multicast

Goran Ambardziev goran.ambardziev at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 03:46:10 PDT 2014

Hello,

Based on test testH264VideoStreamer I have created application that
streams live H264 packets, using my custom H264FramedSource, and
H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer.

Now, I want to add Audio AAC stream to it, in the same manner.

Can you help me and tell me that this is the correct way to do it:

1. Create AACFramedSource (subclass of FramedSource), which will be fed
with AAC buffers.
2. The RTP sink will be MPEG4GenericRTPSink
     2.1. How would I determine rtpPayloadFormat, rtpTimestampFrequency,
sdpMediaTypeString, mpeg4Mode and configString?
3. Create another PassiveServerMediaSubsession for AAC stream and add it
to sms
     3.1. I should create separate Groupsock's for the AAC, right? (not
use the ones for H264)
4. In the case of H264 I have used H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer. Should
I create one for AAC too? If yes, what class should I subclass?
5. Will this scenario work with RAW AAC frames (i.e. not ADTS)?

Thanks,
Goran.