[Live-devel] Logging or debug info

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri May 2 14:35:57 PDT 2014

> I have a case where I develop both the RTSP server (based on Live555)
> and the client (based on libav).

Why not use our library for your client as well (and use "libav" just for the decoding)?  I wouldn't be surprised if "libav's" implementation of RTSP/RTP/RTCP were imperfect.  (E.g., if it were to (incorrectly) fail to send RTCP "RR" reports, then that could cause your server to time out the connection.)

> I'd like to rule out the server side in this equation by
> getting a bit more information about what it's doing

You could add

#define DEBUG 1

to the start of "liveMedia/RTSPServer.cpp", and recompile.

Alternatively, I suggest using "testRTSPClient" (and/or "openRTSP") as your client.  That should tell you if the problem is with your server, or with your client.