[Live-devel] Logging or debug info

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue May 6 12:28:27 PDT 2014

> The code I based my code on was for PassiveServerMediaSubsession which uses SSM.

That's your problem.  If you are streaming via unicast, then you shouldn't be using any of the "test*Streamer.cpp" applications as a model.  You need to start again from the beginning, using "testOnDemandRTSPServer" as a model.

In fact, I suggest that you first run the (unmodified!) "testOnDemandRTSPServer" application, using "testRTSPClient" or "openRTSP" as a client.  Verify that this combination works OK.

Then, rewrite your server, which (because you are streaming via unicast) will involve little more than implementing your own subclass of "OnDemandServerMediaSubsession".  See:
	http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#liveInput-unicast
Make sure that your new server works OK with "testRTSPClient" or "openRTSP".

Then - and only then - try running your own (non-LIVE555-based) RTSP client with your new server.