[Live-devel] Logging or debug info

Jan Ekholm jan.ekholm at d-pointer.com
Tue May 6 13:00:38 PDT 2014

On 6 maj 2014, at 22:28, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com> wrote:

>> The code I based my code on was for PassiveServerMediaSubsession which uses SSM.
>
> That's your problem.  If you are streaming via unicast, then you shouldn't be using any of the "test*Streamer.cpp" applications as a model.  You need to start again from the beginning, using "testOnDemandRTSPServer" as a model.
>
> In fact, I suggest that you first run the (unmodified!) "testOnDemandRTSPServer" application, using "testRTSPClient" or "openRTSP" as a client.  Verify that this combination works OK.
>
> Then, rewrite your server, which (because you are streaming via unicast) will involve little more than implementing your own subclass of "OnDemandServerMediaSubsession".  See:
> 	http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#liveInput-unicast
> Make sure that your new server works OK with "testRTSPClient" or "openRTSP".
>
> Then - and only then - try running your own (non-LIVE555-based) RTSP client with your new server.

It was based on  "test*Streamer.cpp", but it's all been rewritten when moving to OnDemandServerMediaSubsession
and as I learned how to do H264. The only line of code left from that was the one that did the ServerMediaSession::createNew() call.
Everything else is similar to testOnDemandRTSPServer.

--
Jan Ekholm
jan.ekholm at d-pointer.com