[Live-devel] sreaming while progressively trascode .MOV to H.264

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun May 11 13:15:52 PDT 2014

> Can my requirement be accomplished by using live555 library alone (without using ffmpeg) ?
No, because the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" libraries don't include any mechanism for demultiplexing from a ".mov" (or ".mp4") file.

Instead, I suggest that you use a Matroska (i.e., ".mkv") file as your input source.  You can already stream from a ".mkv" file that contains H.264 video, using the existing "LIVE555 Media Server" (or "testMKVStreamer", to stream via multicast) application, without modification.