[Live-devel] Issues streaming H.264 video from camera to a file

Alix Frombach frombach002 at gmail.com
Wed May 28 05:14:03 PDT 2014

Yes I am recording from RTSP/RTP stream through my own application using
the library.  The camera itself is not providing any preceding "start code"
and is only being added by the sink.  The majority of the frames are fine,
but a couple of times throughout the file there is an issue with an SPS or
PPS unit (forbidden bit set to 1) and will cause the video to display a
"greyed out" screen for a partial second until the next good frame comes
through.

Again just to clarify these frames are not being corrupted until they reach
the application, I am able to take the wireshark data and manually add the
start code to achieve playback.