[Live-devel] Adding streams to already-running event loop

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Nov 11 11:07:40 PST 2014

> Our client app needs to receive multiple streams at once, adding them as required by various parts of the application logic.
>
> Both playCommon.cpp and testRTSPClient.cpp appear to require any client->sendDescribeCommand() calls before the env->scheduler().doEventLoop() call.

No - although both of these demo applications happen to do this, it is not ‘required’.

> With a single event loop, how does one add new client requests to the already running loop?

You can create new “RTSPClient” objects and call operations on them (including “sendDescribeCommand()”) from within the event loop, at any time.  I.e., this could be done from code that’s called to handle an event.

Your next question is probably: How do I get the event loop to handle an event?  See http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#other-kinds-of-event