[Live-devel] Possible authentication bug opening several RTSPClient from the same event loop

Francisco Feijoo francisco at eyelynx.com
Wed Nov 12 03:26:40 PST 2014

Hello,

After updating live555 to the latest live.2014.11.07 I'm seeing some issues
where some connections are failing with:

"Failed to get a SDP description:  401 Unauthorized "

I open several RTSP streams from the same event loop using one RTSPClient
for each stream. Some of those streams connect to the same device,
requesting different video channels. For example:
rtsp://admin:12345@192.168.1.222:554/h.264/ch1/main/av_stream
rtsp://admin:12345@192.168.1.222:554/h.264/ch2/main/av_stream

What I'm seeing is that 'randomly' some are correctly authorized and some
not.

Could this be related to the latest changes in 2014.11.01 and 2014.11.07?

Is there any way to open several streams with openRTSP or any other live555
tool?

This is working ok in live.2014.07.25

Best Regards.
--