[Live-devel] Creating live tsx file or Updating existing TSX file

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Nov 16 12:07:25 PST 2014

> I am recording a transport stream file that needs to support rtsp trick play as it is being recorded

People often ask for this feature, and I'm a bit puzzled by it.  What specific 'trick play' operations do you want the server to be able to perform on the Transport Stream file while it is still growing?  (I'm trying to understand whether/when this actually makes sense.)

> Is it possible to create the tsx file as I am recording and continue indexing as new data if received (so having the indexer block and wait for new data) while also having that partially complete tsx file be used with the Live555MediaServer for trick play?

I may well end up adding this feature - but first, I'd need to get a feel for how much it makes sense (thus my question above).

http://www.live555.com/ <http://www.live555.com/>