[Live-devel] Problem with receiving RTSP from Antrica ANT-35000

Ben Willcox ben.willcox at willcoxonline.com
Thu Nov 20 08:14:48 PST 2014

Hi,

I've been using openRTSP for several years in my application, receiving
an rtsp stream from Axis video encoders and Axis IP cameras and saving
to disk. I'm doing some trials with a new video encoder, an Antrica
ANT-35000 which is an HD encoder (unlike the Axis ones which are 640x480
max).

I've come across a strange problem when capturing the rtsp stream from
this using openRTSP (v2014.11.12) whereby every time a keyframe is
encountered the video freezes for a couple of frames (playing back in
VLC). If I play back frame by frame in Avidemux I get an error in the
console every 30 frames (the I-frame interval set in the encoder) and
the picture does not update for 2 frames:

------------
[lavc] error in FFMP43/mpeg4!
[lavc] Err: -1, size:9

Editor: Last Decoding2 failed for frame 63
[lavc] no frame!
------------

The command I'm running is:
openRTSP -4 -n -t -Q -w 1920 -h 1080 -b300000 rtsp://<ip address>/video1
 > testfile.mp4

(basically the same I've been using with the Axis cams but a larger
buffer size).

If I use VLC to capture the rtsp stream and save to disk, this then
plays back without any problems and is smooth so I'm not quite sure what
is going on.
Any ideas on where I should look to solve the problem?

Thanks,
Ben