[Live-devel] Problem with receiving RTSP from Antrica ANT-35000

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Nov 21 16:02:01 PST 2014

> If I use VLC to capture the rtsp stream and save to disk, this then plays back without any problems and is smooth so I'm not quite sure what is going on.
> Any ideas on where I should look to solve the problem?

The code for the "QuickTimeFileSink" class - which is what we use to record ".mp4"-format files.

(The reason why VLC behaves differently is that it decodes the media that it receives, then re-encodes it for storing into a ".mp4"-format file.  "openRTSP", however, just records the data that it receives, 'as is' (because we don't do any decoding/encoding).)

http://www.live555.com/ <http://www.live555.com/>