[Live-devel] Writing RTSP server

Jasleen Kaur Jasleen at beesys.com
Wed Oct 1 02:02:25 PDT 2014

From: live-devel [live-devel-bounces at ns.live555.com] on behalf of Ross Finlayson [finlayson at live555.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2014 11:42 AM
To: LIVE555 Streaming Media - development & use
Subject: Re: [Live-devel] Writing RTSP server

Our requirement is to using Live555 libraries to stream real time data ( data generated by our software) , using RTSP.

Is it possible using Live555 libraries

Yes, of course.  See
http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#liveInput-unicast

Thanks for the prompt reply.
Just want to confirm the following:

1) We have to create our own source class derived from FramedSource
2) Another class derived from OnDemandServerMediaSubsession<http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/doxygen/html/classOnDemandServerMediaSubsession.html>
3) We have to implement  "createNewStreamSource()" and "createNewRTPSink()" methods in the
    custom mediasession class.
    In  "createNewStreamSource()" we have create our own source.
    Do we have to create a custom sink class also for "createNewRTPSink()"
    Also what is the role of a sink ? Does Sink do the actual streaming ?

Best Regards
Jasleen