[Live-devel] Writing RTSP server

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Oct 1 06:41:47 PDT 2014

> Just want to confirm the following:
>
> 1) We have to create our own source class derived from FramedSource

Yes, but only if your encoded video (or audio) stream is not accessible as a file in the file system (e.g., under /dev/).

> 2) Another class derived from OnDemandServerMediaSubsession

Yes,  if you needed to define your own source class for your encoded data.

> 3) We have to implement  "createNewStreamSource()" and "createNewRTPSink()" methods in the
>     custom mediasession class.
>     In  "createNewStreamSource()" we have create our own source.

Yes.

>     Do we have to create a custom sink class also for "createNewRTPSink()"

No; an existing "RTPSink" subclass should already be defined (use the one that's appropriate for the kind of media that you're streaming).

See http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#control-flow