[Live-devel] RTSP stream of webm-file on windows machines

Sven Grossmann live555 at svennergr.de
Thu Oct 16 22:48:46 PDT 2014

---- Ross Finlayson schrieb ----

> I should also note (because you were asking specifically about Windows) that I had no problem running the "LIVE555 Media Server" on Windows, and streaming either of those ".webm" files either locally (to VLC version 2.1.5 running on the same Windows computer), or remotely.
 >

 > I did, however, have to allow "live555MediaServer.exe" to bypass
Windows' firewall. (Windows prompted me about this.) You should make
sure that you're doing this.

 > Ross Finlayson
 > Live Networks, Inc.
 > http://www.live555.com [2]/

Hey Ross,

I think that's the main issue here. I tried this on my private machine
and got a firewall prompt emmediatly. Whereas there were no prompt at
the machine at work.

However, I tried to stream a MPG file aswell and this worked fine.

Strange.

---- Ross Finlayson schrieb ----

> I should also note (because you were asking specifically about Windows) that I had no problem running the "LIVE555 Media Server" on Windows, and streaming either of those ".webm" files either locally (to VLC version 2.1.5 running on the same Windows computer), or remotely. I did, however, have to allow "live555MediaServer.exe" to bypass Windows' firewall. (Windows prompted me about this.) You should make sure that you're doing this. Ross Finlayson Live Networks, Inc. http://www.live555.com/ [1]

Hey Ross,

I think that's the main issue here. I tried this on my private machine
and got a firewall prompt emmediatly. Whereas there were no prompt at
the machine at work.

However, I tried to stream a MPG file aswell and this worked fine.

Strange.

Links:
------
[1] http://www.live555.com/