[Live-devel] RTSP stream of webm-file on windows machines

Sven Grossmann live555 at svennergr.de
Mon Oct 20 05:39:09 PDT 2014

Am 2014-10-17 07:48, schrieb Sven Grossmann:
> ---- Ross Finlayson schrieb ----
>
>> I should also note (because you were asking specifically about
> Windows) that I had no problem running the "LIVE555 Media Server" on
> Windows, and streaming either of those ".webm" files either locally
> (to VLC version 2.1.5 running on the same Windows computer), or
> remotely.
>  >
>  >
>  > I did, however, have to allow "live555MediaServer.exe" to bypass
> Windows' firewall. (Windows prompted me about this.) You should make
> sure that you're doing this.
>  >
>  > Ross Finlayson
>  > Live Networks, Inc.
>  > http://www.live555.com [2]/
>
> Hey Ross,
>
> I think that's the main issue here. I tried this on my private machine
> and got a firewall prompt emmediatly. Whereas there were no prompt at
> the machine at work.
>
> However, I tried to stream a MPG file aswell and this worked fine.
>
> Strange.
>
> ---- Ross Finlayson schrieb ----
>
>> I should also note (because you were asking specifically about
>> Windows) that I had no problem running the "LIVE555 Media Server" on
>> Windows, and streaming either of those ".webm" files either locally
>> (to VLC version 2.1.5 running on the same Windows computer), or
>> remotely. I did, however, have to allow "live555MediaServer.exe" to
>> bypass Windows' firewall. (Windows prompted me about this.) You
>> should make sure that you're doing this. Ross Finlayson Live
>> Networks, Inc. http://www.live555.com/ [1]
>
> Hey Ross,
>
> I think that's the main issue here. I tried this on my private machine
> and got a firewall prompt emmediatly. Whereas there were no prompt at
> the machine at work.
>
> However, I tried to stream a MPG file aswell and this worked fine.
>
> Strange.
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] http://www.live555.com/
> [2] http://www.live555.com

Hey Ross,

the main issue was not a firewall problem. After upgrading VLC, I could
view webm streamed files.

BUT I still have a problem with 1080p webmfiles. These can not be
streamed with the live555MediaServer and the testMKVStreamer.
I uploaded both files, a working 480p file and a not working 1080p file
to my server:
https://cloud.svennergr.de/public.php?service=files&t=84ac60745a2662f7da7dd52a3a72cce2
(please don't worry about the SSL message, it's a self signed cert)

Can you have a try streaming these files?

Thanks,
Sven Großmann