[Live-devel] Multicast Interface

Anthony Clark clark.anthony.g at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 08:20:45 PDT 2014

Ross,

Thanks for the reply. I know how routing works ;). Just to avoid the
back-and-forth. I have one single interface in AP mode and the kernel will
*never* choose it for mcast routing even though a route is present, mcast
is enabled, etc. I could use a tun/tap in theory, but I think that just
makes it more complicated. Being able to explicitly choose the mcast
interface avoids a lot of environment variation. If you think forcing an
interface is to be avoided, then I'll make the best and most practical
changes I can to live555/Groupsock and send in a patch just so you can see.
I appreciate the help, and live555 - it's great.